Course date: 06 March 2022
Venue: GLS Campus, Kastanienallee 82, 10435 Berlin
Scroll down for more details
WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits - course details
- Course date and time: the course will take place over a single day
Sunday, 06 March 2022 - 10:00-18:00
- Examination: at the end of the day
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits course is a beginner level introduction to spirits for those starting a career in the industry or pursuing an interest in spirits.
- For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of spirits. You’ll explore the main styles and types of spirits through sight, smell, and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the Level 1 Award in Spirits.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages.
- Students who are under the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of spirits in Germany will not be allowed to sample any alcoholic beverage as part of their course, but this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
- Candidates applying to sit the examination must be over the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of spirits in Germany, or be preparing for the examination as part of a recognised full-time programme of study, or have obtained parental consent.
What you will learn
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- How to serve spirits
- Factors affecting the flavour of spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes.
- A total mark of 70% is required to achieve a pass.
What is included in the course fee
- Study materials: WSET Level 1 in Spirits workbook (all materials will be supplied on the day)
- Tasting samples: 9 spirits will be tasted during the course
- Upon successful completion, a WSET certificate and lapel pin
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yczmtr6e
- For bank transfers contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org