Course date: 11 December 2021
Deadline for registering: 13 November 2021
Venue: GLS Campus, Kastanienallee 82, 10435 Berlin
Scroll down for more details
WSET Level 1 Award in Sake - course details
- Course date and time: the course will take place over a single day
Saturday, 11 December 2021 - 10:00-18:00
- Examination: at the end of the day
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- WSET Level 1 Award in Sake is a hands-on one-day course that offers the ideal introduction to sake for interested enthusiasts and those working with sake. In a short space of time, you’ll find yourself fascinated by this diverse Japanese beverage and eager to explore more.
- The qualification will assist those who need a basic familiarity with the main styles and categories of sake, for example people who work with sake as part of a larger beverage portfolio, in the retail and hospitality sectors.
- By the end of the course you’ll know the principal categories of sake available, what defines them and what characteristics to expect from them. You'll also be familiar with some important Japanese sake labelling terms.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the Level 1 Award in Sake.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages.
- Students who are under the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of sake in Germany will not be allowed to sample any alcoholic beverage as part of their course, but this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
- Candidates applying to sit the examination must be over the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of sake in Germany, or be preparing for the examination as part of a recognised full-time programme of study, or have obtained parental consent.
What you will learn
- The basic principles of sake production
- The main types and styles of sake
- Factors affecting the flavour of sake
- How to serve and store sake optimally
- How to describe sake using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Sake® (SAT)
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes.
- A total mark of 70% is required to achieve a pass.
What is included in the course fee
- Study materials: WSET Level 1 in Sake workbook (all materials will be supplied on the day)
- Tasting samples: 8 sakes will be tasted during the course
- Upon successful completion, a WSET certificate and lapel pin
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yczmtr6e
- For bank transfers contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org