Course date: 14 December 2020 (evening course)
Deadline for registering: 30 November 2020
Venue: GLS Campus, Kastanienallee 82, 10435 Berlin
Scroll down for more details
Introductory Sake Professional - course details
Course date and time: the course will take place over a single day
Monday, 14 December 2020 - 18:30-21:00
Language of tuition: English
About this course
- The Introductory Sake Professional course is a comprehensive and concise course. It gives a unique opportunity for enthusiasts to further their understanding of one of the world’s most complex and enigmatic drinks.
- This course is also for those preparing for, or employees starting, their first job in sake. The qualification aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in the service and retail of sake to prepare a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the Introductory Sake Professional.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of sake.
- Candidates who are under the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in Germany will not be allowed to sample any alcoholic beverage as part of their course, but this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
What you will learn
- Origins and etiquette of sake
- Ingredients and production process
- Main types and styles of sake available
- Factors that determine the main styles of sake
- Correct procedures for opening and serving sake
- Appropriate service temperatures for the main styles of sake available
- Comparison of hot and cold sake
- Pairing sake by style with food considering basic taste interactions and individual preferences and sensitivities.
- How to store sake
- There is no examination.
What is included in the course fee
- Course materials
- Sake samples: five styles of sake will be tasted during the course
- Certificate of participation issued by Sake Sommelier Association
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yczmtr6e
- For bank transfers contact us directly at email@example.com