Certified Sake Sommelier - course details
- Course dates and times: the course will take place over two days
Saturday, 23 May 2020 - 10:00-18:00
Sunday, 24 October 2020 - 10:00-18:00
- Private study time before the course: 8 hours
- Examination: at the end of the last course day
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- Students completely new to sake may wish to complete the Introductory Sake Professional qualification first. However, this is not essential.
- Certified Sake Sake course is intended for those who have little or no previous knowledge of the wide range of sake, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way.
- The qualification will assist those who are required to make professional evaluations of sake with regards to their style, quality and price. The qualification provides the in-depth product knowledge required to underpin job skills and competencies, for example in product selection in the retail and hospitality sectors.
- The course is highly recommended for those considering pursuing a career in the sake industry. This qualification provides solid knowledge base for the SSA Advanced Sake Sommelier qualification.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the Certified Sake Sommelier course.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of sake.
- Candidates who are under the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in Germany, or those who choose not to taste alcohol for health or religious reasons, will not be allowed to sample any alcoholic beverage as part of their course. These candidates will not be eligible to complete the tasting assessment. In such instance, candidates will receive a record of achievement on successful completion of the theory assessment, but will not be awarded the Certified Sake Sommelier qualification.
- Sake history and culture
- Sake production
- Sake terminology and classifications
- Sake tasting by category
- Sake labels
- Sake vessels and service temperatures.
- Sake tasting by type
- How to introduce sake to customers
- Professional issues including purchasing, storage and sake vessels
- Principles of food & sake matching
- Umami and its relationship to sake.
Assessment for this qualification comprises of two parts:
- Part one combines a closed-book exam of multiple-choice questions and a question paper requiring short written answers.
- Part two is a tasting examination that will assess a candidate’s ability to accurately describe sake and draw conclusions based on these observations.
What is included in the course fee
- Course materials
- Sake samples: approximately 20 sakes in a wide variety of styles and quality levels will be tasted.
- Upon successful completion, official SSA certificate and lapel pin, qualifying you as a Certified Sake Sommelier
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/y8aqfdd6
- For bank transfers contact us directly at email@example.com