WSET Level 1 Award in Wines - course details
- Course date and time: the course will take place over a single day
Saturday, 23 November 2019 - 10:00-18:00
- Examination: at the end of the day
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines course is a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to be introduced in a structured way to wine styles, storing and serving of wine and food and wine matching.
- This course is also for those preparing for, or employees starting, their first job in wine. The qualification aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in the service and retail of wine to prepare a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the Level 1 Award in Wines.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages.
- Students who are under the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in Germany will not be allowed to sample any alcoholic beverage as part of their course, but this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
- Candidates applying to sit the examination must be over the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in Germany, or be preparing for the examination as part of a recognised full-time programme of study, or have obtained parental consent.
What you will learn
- Main types and styles of wine available
- Factors that determine the main styles of wine.
- Main characteristics of the principal grape varieties.
- Styles and characteristics of wines made from the principal grape varieties.
- Correct procedures for opening and serving still and sparkling wines.
- Appropriate service temperatures for the main styles of wines available.
- Pairing wines by style with food considering basic taste interactions and individual preferences and sensitivities.
- How to store wine
- Common faults found in wines.
- Understand the issues relating to the safe consumption of wine
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes.
- A total mark of 70% is required to achieve a pass.
What is included in the course fee
- Study materials: WSET Level 1 workbook (all materials will be supplied on the day)
- Wine samples: 9 wines will be tasted during the course
- Upon successful completion, a WSET certificate and lapel pin
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/y8aqfdd6
- For bank transfers contact us directly at email@example.com