Course dates: 12-15 March 2021 (four days)
Deadline for registering: 28 February 2021
Venue: GLS Campus, Kastanienallee 82, 10435 Berlin
Scroll down for more details
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines - Course details
- Course dates and times: the course will take place over four consecutive days
Friday, 12 March 2021 - 17:00-21:15
Saturday, 13 March 2021 - 10:00-18:00
Sunday, 14 March 2021 - 10:00-18:00
Monday, 15 March 2021 - 17:00-21:15
- Private study time before the course: 11 hours
- Examination: at the end of the last course day
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- Students completely new to wine may wish to complete the Level 1 Award in Wines first. However, this is not essential.
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is intended for those who have little or no prior knowledge of the broad range of wines and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way.
- It is suitable wherever a good level of wine knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies, for example in the customer service and sales functions of hospitality, retailing and wholesaling industries.
- Successful candidates will be able to describe and compare the styles of wines produced from internationally and regionally important grape varieties, interpret wine labels from the main wine producing regions of the world and give basic guidance on appropriate selection and service, as well as understand the principles of wine tasting and evaluation.
- This qualification provides solid knowledge base for the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the Level 2 Award in Wines.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages.
- Students who are under the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in Germany will not be allowed to sample any alcoholic beverage as part of their course, but this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
- Candidates applying to sit the examination must be over the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in Germany, or be preparing for the examination as part of a recognised full-time programme of study, or have obtained parental consent.
- You will need WSET Level 2 Award in Wines study pack to get ready for the course. It is included in the course fee and will be shipped to you upon booking. It is important that you book your place well in advance to allow enough time for delivery of the study pack and private study (11 hours) before attending the course.
What you will learn
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
Recommended private study
You should be prepared to dedicate a minimum of 11 hours to study time outside of the classroom. Please be mindful that a consecutive day course is intensive.
- Examination will take place on the last day of the course.
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes.
- A total mark of 55% is required to achieve a pass.
What is included in the course fee
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines study pack that includes course manual, study guide and laminated tasting card. It will be shipped once you have booked your place.
- Course handouts
- Tasting samples: approximately 45 wines will be tasted during the course
- Upon successful completion, a WSET certificate and lapel pin
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yczmtr6e
- For bank transfers contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org