Course dates: 28-30 November 2020 (three days)
Deadline for registering: 08 November 2020
Venue: GLS Campus, Kastanienallee 82, 10435 Berlin
Scroll down for more details
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits - Course details
- Course dates and times: the course will take place over three consecutive days
Saturday, 28 November 2020 - 10:00-18:00
Sunday, 29 November 2020 - 10:00-18:00
Monday, 30 November 2020 - 17:00-21:00
- Private study time before the course: 11 hours
- Examination: at the end of the last course day
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- Students completely new to spirits may wish to complete the Level 1 Award in Spirits first. However, this is not essential.
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits is a beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring spirits and liqueurs for those working in the industry or spirits enthusiasts.
- For individuals wishing to develop their expertise in spirits and liqueurs, you’ll learn about the fundamental production methods and principal raw materials discovering how they are used to make the key spirit styles. You’ll also explore the key practices and principles of serving spirits and the use of spirits in cocktails.
- This qualification provides solid knowledge base for the WSET Level 3 Award in Spirits.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the Level 2 Award in Spirits.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages.
- Students who are under the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of spirits in Germany will not be allowed to sample any alcoholic beverage as part of their course, but this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
- Candidates applying to sit the examination must be over the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of spirits in Germany, or be preparing for the examination as part of a recognised full-time programme of study, or have obtained parental consent.
- You will need WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits study pack to get ready for the course. It is included in the course fee and will be shipped to you upon booking. It is important that you book your place well in advance to allow enough time for delivery of the study pack and private study (11 hours) before attending the course.
What you will learn
- How production methods affect the characteristics of spirits and liqueurs
- The characteristics of the principal international spirits and liqueurs
- Fruit Spirits (including Cognac, Armagnac, Calvados, Grappa, Pisco)
- Whisky/Whiskey (from USA, Scotland, Canada, Ireland, Japan)
- Agave spirits (Tequila and Mezcal)
- Flavoured Spirits (including Spiced Rum, Flavoured Vodka, Gin, Aniseed Spirits, Bitters, Liqueurs)
- Aromatised wines (Vermouth)
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits® (SAT)
Recommended private study
- You should be prepared to dedicate a minimum of 11 hours to study time outside of the classroom. Please be mindful that a consecutive day course is intensive.
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes.
- A total mark of 55% is required to achieve a pass.
What is included in the course fee
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits study pack that includes course manual, study guide and laminated tasting card. It will be shipped once you have booked your place.
- Course handouts
- Tasting samples: minimum of 29 samples will be tasted during the course
- Upon successful completion, a WSET certificate and lapel pin
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yczmtr6e
- For bank transfers contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org