Masterclass: Vinho Verde & Vini Veronesi - new date to be confirmed
Event date: Sunday, 29 March 2020 - postponed - new date to be confirmed
Event times: 17:00 - 19:00
Guest speaker: Verena Herzog - certified educator for Vinho Verde & Vini Veronesi
Venue: GLS Campus, Kastanienallee 82, 10435 Berlin
Scroll down for more details
Vinho Verde & Vini Veronesi
Join us on a journey to discover the wines from Vinho Verde (Portugal) and Vini Veronesi (Italy). Two well established yet sometimes underappreciated regions that produce wines in many exciting styles, some of them absolutely unforgettable.
Vini Veronesi, literally wines from Verona area, is a common definition that identifies 15 PDO (Protected Designation of Origin) wines. They are produced in a large area spreading around Verona, its main city, over 28,500 hectares of vineyards. The wines are made in a wide range of styles including dry, sweet, white, rosé, red, even sparkling.
Vinho Verde is the biggest PDO of Portugal, up in the cool, rainy, verdant north-west. The vines grow along rivers that flow from the mountains of the east to burst out into the ocean between golden surfing beaches. There are nine sub-regions to the PDO. Vinho Verde is best known for its white wines that can be relied upon to be light, crisp and aromatic, often with a light prickle of fizz.
We will taste eight wines, to discover how climate, grape variety and winemaking techniques are reflected in the style and quality of the wines from these two historic regions.
Eight wines will be tasted (to be confirmed closer to the event date)
- 4 from Vini Veronesi
- 4 from Vinho Verde
All participants will receive an official certificate of attendance.
Terms and conditions
- Once payment has been processed your booking is confirmed.
- In the event of cancellation, refunds will only be given if we are notified at least 14 days before the event date.
- If you wish to cancel within 14 days of the event, we will be unable to refund your ticket.
- This information is correct at time of publication, but the organisers reserve the right to change any part of the event without notice.
- You must be over the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in Germany to attend this event.
* images and parts of the text © Instituto dos Vinhos do Douro e Porto, © Vinho Verde, © AVIVE - Verona Wines Association