Introductory Sake Professional - course details
Over a 2-hour online study programme you will learn through a Live Video Session under the guidance of a Berlin Wine School educator. The course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course.
- Course date and time: the course will take place over a single day
- Friday, 12 June 2020 - 18:00-20:00
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- The Introductory Sake Professional course is a comprehensive and concise course. It gives a unique opportunity for enthusiasts to further their understanding of one of the world’s most complex and enigmatic drinks.
- This course is also for those preparing for, or employees starting, their first job in sake. The qualification aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in the service and retail of sake to prepare a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the Introductory Sake Professional.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of sake.
- Minimum age required at time of booking: 18 years old.
- As the course is delivered online, basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
What you will learn
- Origins and etiquette of sake
- Ingredients and production process
- Main types and styles of sake available
- Factors that determine the main styles of sake
- Correct procedures for opening and serving sake
- Appropriate service temperatures for the main styles of sake available
- Comparison of hot and cold sake
- Pairing sake by style with food considering basic taste interactions and individual preferences and sensitivities.
- How to store sake
- Tasting is an essential part of this course. It is recommended that at least 5 styles of sake are tasted as part of this course. Sake samples are not provided as part of the fee, but you will be given guidance on the styles you need to source.
- We have selected a tasting set of 5 sake samples that can be purchased as an Add-On to the course for a fee of EUR60. Upon registering for this course let us know if you would like to purchase this tasting box and you will receive a link allowing you to do so. Please note that currently we can only arrange delivery in Germany.
- There is no examination.
What is included in the course fee
- Course materials (sent by email)
- One Live Video Session under the guidance of a Berlin Wine School educator
- Certificate of participation issued by Sake Sommelier Association (posted after the course)
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yczmtr6e
- For bank transfers contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org