WSET Live Video course: 20-28 June 2020
Deadline for registering: 05 June 2020
This is an online course.
Examination can be taken online or at our venue.
Scroll down for more details
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines - Course details
Over a 2-week online study programme you will learn through private study and Live Video Sessions under the guidance of a Berlin Wine School educator. The course covers the same syllabus as the classroom course.
- Course dates and times:
- Saturday, 20 June 2020 - 10:00 – 15:00: 1st live online session (includes 1-hour break)
- Sunday, 21 June 2020 - 10:00 – 15:00: 2nd live online session (includes 1-hour break)
- Saturday, 27 June 2020 - 11:00 – 16:00: 3rd live online session (includes 1-hour break)
- Sunday, 28 June 2020 - 11:00 – 16:00: 4th live online session (includes 1-hour break)
- Examination can be taken online or at our venue.. Students will be provided a list of possible exam dates to choose from.
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- Students completely new to wine may wish to complete the Level 1 Award in Wines first. However, this is not essential.
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is intended for those who have little or no prior knowledge of the broad range of wines and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way.
- It is suitable wherever a good level of wine knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies, for example in the customer service and sales functions of hospitality, retailing and wholesaling industries.
- Successful candidates will be able to describe and compare the styles of wines produced from internationally and regionally important grape varieties, interpret wine labels from the main wine producing regions of the world and give basic guidance on appropriate selection and service, as well as understand the principles of wine tasting and evaluation.
- This qualification provides solid knowledge base for the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the Level 2 Award in Wines.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages.
- Minimum age required at time of booking: 18 years old.
- As the course is delivered online, basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
What you will learn
- How the environmental influences and grape-growing options in the vineyard impact the style and quality of wine.
- How winemaking and bottle ageing influence the style and quality of wine.
- How environmental influences, grape-growing options, winemaking and bottle ageing influence the style and quality of wines made from the principal grape varieties.
- The style and quality of wines produced from regionally important black and white grape varieties.
- How the production process can influence the styles of sparkling and fortified wines.
- The key principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine, and in the pairing of food and wine.
Recommended private study
- A minimum of 20 hours of private study is recommended to successfully complete the course (in addition to Live Video Sessions).
- Tasting is an essential part of this course. It is recommended that at least 8 wines are tasted as part of this course. Wines are not provided as part of the fee, but you will be given guidance on the styles you need to source.
- We have selected a tasting set of 8 wines that can be purchased as an Add-On to the course for a fee of EUR120. Upon registering for this course let us know if you would like to purchase this tasting box and you will receive a link allowing you to do so. Please note that currently we can only arrange delivery in Germany.
- WSET examinations for Level 1 and Level 2 are now available online in English language. Students may also choose to sit the exam at our venue.
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes.
- A total mark of 55% is required to achieve a pass.
What is included in the course fee
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines study pack that includes course manual, study guide and laminated tasting card. It will be shipped once you have booked your place.
- Four Live Video Sessions under the guidance of a Berlin Wine School educator
- Educator support. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions
- Examination (online)
- Upon successful completion, a WSET certificate and lapel pin
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yczmtr6e
- For bank transfers contact us directly at email@example.com