WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits - course details
Over a 4-week online study programme you will learn through WSET’s Online Classroom, which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
The course structure allows the student to work ahead or catch up on the activities and forums. There are no set times to log into the course as there are no live chats or webinars.
- Course dates:
Start date: 07 September 2020
Finish date: 04 October 2020
- Examination can be taken online or at our venue. Students will be provided a list of possible exam dates to choose from.
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits course is a beginner level introduction to spirits for those starting a career in the industry or pursuing an interest in spirits.
- For individuals new to the subject, this qualification offers a hands-on introduction to the world of spirits. You’ll explore the main styles and types of spirits through sight, smell, and taste to develop an understanding of the key factors affecting flavours and aromas.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the Level 1 Award in Spirits.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages.
- Minimum age required at time of booking: 18 years old.
- As the course is delivered online, students will require access to a computer (recommended) and/or smartphone or tablet. Basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
Each module includes a series of independent activities to help students understand the differences between spirit types and styles.
- Module 1: Spirits Production
- Module 2: Brandy & Vodka
- Module 3: Rum, Tequila and Whisk(e)y
- Module 4: Flavoured Spirits, Storage & Service of Spirits
- Module 5: Revision
Recommended private study
- It is essential for this mode of study that students are regularly accessing and participating in the course online activities.
- A minimum of 3 hours study per week is recommended to successfully complete the course.
- Tasting is also a really important part of studying for this course. It is recommended that at least 7 spirits are tasted as part of this course. Spirits are not provided as part of the fee, but you will be given guidance on the styles you need to source. Students can post their tastingnotes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.
- WSET examinations for Level 1 and Level 2 are now available online in English language. Students may also choose to sit the exam at our venue.
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes.
- A total mark of 70% is required to achieve a pass.
What is included in the course fee
- Study materials: all study materials are included in the online course. No physical resources are send to students.
- Access to WSET’s Online Classroom for one year.
- WSET educator support. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions
- Examination (online or at our venue)
- Upon successful completion, a WSET certificate and lapel pin
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yczmtr6e
- For bank transfers contact us directly at email@example.com