WSET Online Classroom course: 09 August 2021 - 05 September 2021
Deadline for registering: 01 August 2021
This is an online course.
Examination can be taken online or at our venue.
Scroll down for more details
WSET Level 1 Award in Wines - course details
Over a 4-week online study programme you will learn through WSET’s Online Classroom, which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
The course structure allows the student to work ahead or catch up on the activities and forums. There are no set times to log into the course as there are no live chats or webinars.
- Course dates:
Start date: 09 August 2021
Finish date: 05 September 2021
- Examination can be taken online or at our venue. Students will be provided a list of possible exam dates to choose from.
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- WSET Level 1 Award in Wines course is a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to be introduced in a structured way to wine styles, storing and serving of wine and food and wine matching.
- This course is also for those preparing for, or employees starting, their first job in wine. The qualification aims to provide the basic product knowledge and skills in the service and retail of wine to prepare a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages.
- Minimum age required at time of booking: 18 years old.
- As the course is delivered online, students will require access to a computer (recommended) and/or smartphone or tablet. Basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
The course is based around a 7-module online programme. Each module includes a series of independent activities to help students understand the differences between grape varieties and types and styles of wine.
- Module 1: What is Wine & How is it Made?
- Module 2: Types & Styles of Wine
- Module 3: Introduction to Tasting
- Module 4: Grape Varieties & Wines
- Module 5: Storage & Service of Wines
- Module 6: Pairing Food & Wines
- Module 7: Revision
Recommended private study
- It is essential for this mode of study that students are regularly accessing and participating in the course online activities.
- A minimum of 3 hours study per week is recommended to successfully complete the course.
- Tasting is also a really important part of studying for this course. It is recommended that at least 6 wines are tasted as part of this course.
- Wine samples are not provided as part of the fee, but you will be given guidance on the styles you need to source. Students can post their tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.
- WSET examinations for Level 1 and Level 2 are now available online in English language. Students may also choose to sit the exam at our venue.
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes.
- A total mark of 70% is required to achieve a pass.
What is included in the course fee
- Study materials: all study materials are included in the online course. No physical resources are send to students.
- Access to WSET’s Online Classroom
- WSET educator support. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions
- Examination (online or at our venue)
- Upon successful completion, a WSET certificate and lapel pin
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yczmtr6e
- For bank transfers contact us directly at email@example.com
Other course dates
23 August 2021 - 19 September 2021
06 September 2021 - 03 October 2021
20 September 2021 - 17 October 2021
04 October 2021 - 31 October 2021
18 October 2021 - 14 November 2021
01 November 2021 - 28 November 2021
15 November 2021 - 12 December 2021
29 November 2021 - 26 December 2021
13 December 2021 - 09 January 2022
27 December 2021 - 23 January 2022
10 January 2022 - 06 February 2022
24 January 2022 - 20 February 2022
07 February 2022 - 06 March 2022
21 February 2022 - 20 March 2022
07 March 2022 - 03 April 2022
21 March 2022 - 17 April 2022
04 April 2022 - 01 May 2022
18 April 2022 - 15 May 2022
02 May 2022 - 29 May 2022
16 May 2022 - 12 June 2022
30 May 2022 - 26 June 2022
13 June 2022 - 10 July 2022
27 June 2022 - 24 July 2022
11 July 2022 - 07 August 2022
25 July 2022 - 21 August 2022
If you wish to take this qualification on one of these dates instead, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org