WSET Online Classroom course: 21 June 2021 - 25 July 2021
Deadline for registering: 13 June 2021
This is an online course.
Examination can be taken online or at our venue.
Scroll down for more details
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines - Course details
Over a 5-week online study programme you will learn through WSET’s Online Classroom, which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
The course structure allows the student to work ahead or catch up on the activities and forums. There are no set times to log into the course as there are no live chats or webinars.
- Course dates
Start date: 21 June 2021
Finish date: 25 July 2021
- Examination can be taken online or at our venue. Students will be provided a list of possible exam dates to choose from.
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- Students completely new to wine may wish to complete the Level 1 Award in Wines first. However, this is not essential.
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is intended for those who have little or no prior knowledge of the broad range of wines and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way.
- It is suitable wherever a good level of wine knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies, for example in the customer service and sales functions of hospitality, retailing and wholesaling industries.
- Successful candidates will be able to describe and compare the styles of wines produced from internationally and regionally important grape varieties, interpret wine labels from the main wine producing regions of the world and give basic guidance on appropriate selection and service, as well as understand the principles of wine tasting and evaluation.
- This qualification provides solid knowledge base for the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages.
- Minimum age required at time of booking: 18 years old.
- As the course is delivered online, students will require access to a computer (recommended) and/or smartphone or tablet. Basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
The course is based around a 6-module online programme. Each module includes a series of independent activities to help students understand wine label terminology and recognise the styles produced by the main grape varieties in key wine regions.
- Module 1: Introduction to Wine Tasting, Pairing, Storage & Service
- Module 2: Factors Affecting Wine Style & Quality
- Module 3: Still Red Wine
- Module 4: Still White Wine
- Module 5: Other Styles of Wine
- Module 6: Revision & Feedback Questionnaire
Recommended private study
- It is essential for this mode of study that students are regularly accessing and participating in the course online activities.
- A minimum of 6 hours study per week is recommended to cover the online activities and read the relevant chapters in the textbook.
- Tasting is also a really important part of studying for this course. It is recommended that at least 13 wines are tasted as part of this course.
- Wine samples are not provided as part of the fee, but you will be given guidance on the styles you need to source. Students can post their tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.
- WSET examinations for Level 1 and Level 2 are now available online in English language. Students may also choose to sit the exam at our venue.
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes.
- A total mark of 55% is required to achieve a pass.
What is included in the course fee
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines study pack that includes course manual, study guide and laminated tasting card. It will be shipped once you have booked your place.
- Access to WSET’s Online Classroom for one year
- WSET educator support. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions.
- Examination (online or at our venue)
- Upon successful completion, a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yczmtr6e
- For bank transfers contact us directly at email@example.com
Other course dates
05 July 2021 - 08 August 2021
19 July 2021 - 22 August 2021
09 August 2021 - 12 September 2021
23 August 2021 - 26 September 2021
06 September 2021 - 10 October 2021
20 September 2021 - 24 October 2021
04 October 2021 - 07 November 2021
18 October 2021 - 21 November 2021
01 November 2021 - 05 December 2021
15 November 2021 - 19 December 2021
29 November 2021 - 02 January 2022
13 December 2021 - 16 January 2022
27 December 2021 - 30 January 2022
10 January 2022 - 13 February 2022
24 January 2022 - 27 February 2022
07 February 2022 - 13 March 2022
21 February 2022 - 27 March 2022
07 March 2022 - 10 April 2022
21 March 2022 - 24 April 2022
04 April 2022 - 08 May 2022
18 April 2022 - 22 May 2022
02 May 2022 - 05 June 2022
16 May 2022 - 19 June 2022
30 May 2022 - 03 July 2022
13 June 2022 - 17 July 2022
27 June 2022 - 31 July 2022
11 July 2022 - 14 August 2022
25 July 2022 - 28 August 2022
If you wish to take this qualification on one of these dates instead please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org