WSET Online Classroom course: 24 January 2022 - 27 February 2022
Deadline for registering: 15 January 2021
This is an online course.
Examination can be taken online or at our venue.
Scroll down for more details
WSET Level 2 Award in Wines - Course details
Over a 5-week online study programme you will learn through WSET’s Online Classroom, which allows you to study alongside your peers under the guidance of a dedicated educator.
The course structure allows the student to work ahead or catch up on the activities and forums. There are no set times to log into the course as there are no live chats or webinars.
- Course dates
Start date: 24 January 2022
Finish date: 27 February 2022
- Examination can be taken online or at our venue. Students will be provided a list of possible exam dates to choose from.
- Language of tuition: English
About this course
- Students completely new to spirits may wish to complete the Level 1 Award in Spirits first. However, this is not essential.
- WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits is a beginner to intermediate level qualification exploring spirits and liqueurs for those working in the industry or spirits enthusiasts.
- For individuals wishing to develop their expertise in spirits and liqueurs, you’ll learn about the fundamental production methods and principal raw materials discovering how they are used to make the key spirit styles. You’ll also explore the key practices and principles of serving spirits and the use of spirits in cocktails.
- There are no restrictions on entry for the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits.
- There are no requirements for candidates to have previous knowledge or previous experience of alcoholic beverages.
- Minimum age required at time of booking: 18 years old.
- As the course is delivered online, students will require access to a computer (recommended) and/or smartphone or tablet. Basic computer literacy, internet navigation skills and a good level of English are required.
The course is based around a 6-module online programme. Each module includes a series of independent activities to help students understand wine label terminology and recognise the styles produced by the main grape varieties in key wine regions.
- Module 1: Introducing Spirits
- Module 2: Fruit and Sugar Cane Spirits
- Module 3: Whisk(e)y, Tequila and Mezcal
- Module 4: Vodka; Flavoured Spirits; Liqueurs and Aromatised Wines
- Module 5: Bar Essentials and Cocktails
- Module 6: Revision
Recommended private study
- It is essential for this mode of study that students are regularly accessing and participating in the course online activities.
- A minimum of 6 hours study per week is recommended to cover the online activities and read the relevant chapters in the textbook.
- Tasting is also a really important part of studying for this course. It is recommended that at least 12 spirits are tasted as part of this course.
- Spirits samples are not provided as part of the fee, but you will be given guidance on the styles you need to source. Students can post their tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.
- WSET examinations for Level 1 and Level 2 are now available online in English language. Students may also choose to sit the exam at our venue.
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes.
- A total mark of 55% is required to achieve a pass.
What is included in the course fee
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines study pack that includes course manual, study guide and laminated tasting card. It will be shipped once you have booked your place.
- Access to WSET’s Online Classroom for one year
- WSET educator support. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions.
- Examination (online or at our venue)
- Upon successful completion, a WSET certificate and lapel pin.
Booking this course
- To book a place simply click on ”Book Now” and follow instructions.
- All orders are subject to our Booking Terms and Conditions. In order to read them please follow this link https://tinyurl.com/yczmtr6e
- For bank transfers contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other course dates
21 March 2022 - 24 April 2022
16 May 2022 - 19 June 2022
11 July 2022 - 14 August 2022
If you wish to take this qualification on one of these dates instead, please contact us at email@example.com