Rioja - mastering maturation - 15 September 2019
The event is now sold out.
If you would like to attend it send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org and if there are any cancellations we will be able to offer you a place.
Event date: Sunday, 15 September 2019
Event times: 19:00 - 21:00
Venue: GLS Campus, Kastanienallee 82, 10435 Berlin
Scroll down for more details
Rioja - mastering maturation
Join us on a journey of Rioja, Spain’s leading Designation of Origin with more than 600 wineries, 14,800 grape growers and the largest number of barrels in the world.
Rioja is the oldest Designation of Origin in Spain (1925) and the first to earn Calificada status (1991).
The key to understanding the complexity of Rioja and its wines is in different wine categories that are based on minimum ageing periods, which can vary between 1 and 3 years in barrels and between 6 months and 6 years in the bottle, depending on whether the wine is to be a Crianza, a Reserva or a Gran Reserva.
We will taste nine wines representing each category to discover how maturation defines each style and determines quality of wines.
List of wines:
Bodegas LAN Blanco, 2018, Rioja DOCa
R. Lopez de Heredia Viña Tondonia 'Viña Gravonia' Crianza Blanco, 2010, Rioja DOCa
R. Lopez de Heredia Viña Tondonia Reserva Blanco, 2005, Rioja DOCa
Marques de Riscal Rosado, 2018, Rioja DOCa
CVNE Vinedos del Contino 'Contino' Rosado, 2017, Rioja DOCa
Bodegas Bhilar, Berria, 2018, Rioja DOCa
Bodegas LAN Crianza, 2016, Rioja DOCa
Bodegas LAN Reserva, 2012, Rioja DOCa
Bodegas LAN Gran Reserva, 2010, Rioja DOCa
We look forward to seeing you all!
Terms and conditions
- Once payment has been processed your booking is confirmed.
- In the event of cancellation, refunds will only be given if we are notified at least 14 days before the event date.
- If you wish to cancel within 14 days of the event, we will be unable to refund your ticket.
- This information is correct at time of publication, but the organisers reserve the right to change any part of the event without notice.
- You must be over the legal minimum age for the retail purchase of alcoholic beverages in Germany to attend this event.
* some images have been supplied by DOCa Rioja